The Birmingham Water Works HUB Diversity Vendor Program represents its commitment to building successful, lasting relationships with Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB). The goal of this program is to foster the promotion, growth and development of minority, women and other diverse owned enterprises.
There are many benefits of joining our HUB Vendor Program. As a participant in the HUB program, you can be assured that we will inform you about contracts up for bid. If your business receives the contract, we will work with you to make sure you receive the information and technical assistance you need to meet deadlines and deliver the highest-quality of work.
We have implemented the following strategies to increase HUB Participation:
- Semi-Annual Meet and Greets to review BWWB business opportunities and procurement processes
- Seek HUB Participation from Professional Services by requesting 30% HUB participation from all vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Identify qualified consultants, prime contractors, and sub-contractors to perform services
- Award Small Contracts to HUB businesses
- Commodity project under $15,000
- Public Works project under $50,000
A HUB is any business formed for the purpose of making a profit and is at least 51% owned and controlled/operated by a U.S. Citizen and one of the following categories or ethnicities:
- African/Black American
- Asian Indian American
- Asian Pacific American
- Hispanic American
- Native American
- Service-Disabled Veteran
BWWB’s HUB (Historically Underutilized Businesses) Vendor Program recognizes the following diverse-owned business classifications:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women-owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Veteran-owned Business Enterprises (VBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Business Enterprise (SDVBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
- Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (SDB)
- Disability-owned Business Enterprise (DIS)
Your growing business could be an important part of our team. We need to know who you are, where you are and what you do. If you qualify, we want to give you every opportunity to do business with the Birmingham Water Works.
To begin the process, please complete the online Vendor Information Profile. The Birmingham Water Works is a supporter or the Birmingham Construction Industry Authority (BCIA), which is a voluntary program for certification of and assistance to minority and disadvantaged business enterprises in the construction industry. For more information about BCIA , Click Here.
All minority vendors are invited to submit bids for any open projects, which are already listed on the Current Bids page.